Gateway to the Copper Canyon
This town is in the heart of the Copper Canyon and was named after the ex-governor, Enrique C. Creel in 1907, the year that the railroad from Kansas City to Mexico and the Orient made it to this area. The original name, given by the Raramuri, was Segorachi. There is a fantastic view of the town at the Cristo Rey mirador on the hill and a church with neogothic type structures can be found just off the main plaza.
Creel Surrounding Area Map
CRL GOOGLE EARTH MAP
A clear look at Creel from above
Bird's eye view of Creel.
Photos of the Creel & Cusarare Areas